Articles and Practical Advice About Estate Plans and Probate
Brian Starr’s broad professional and personal experience with estate planning and probate has given him a good idea of what clients really need to know about the practical aspects of wills, trusts and estate administration.
He wrote these articles to help our firm’s clients understand how a little foresight can go a long way toward protecting your family’s future security. Some of these articles show how easy it is to make big mistakes, as well.
Trust and Probate Administration
- Most Common Reasons to Open an Arizona Probate
- Answers to Common Probate Questions in Arizona
- Basic Checklist for Dividing a Decedent’s Personal Property
- The 9 Biggest Mistakes Almost Every Adult Child Makes as a Trustee
- State and Federal Tax Deadlines for Arizona Personal Representatives
- When Probate Was Started But Never Finished
- Removing a Personal Representative or Trustee
Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Elder Abuse
- Conservatorship Accountings
- How Misusing a Power of Attorney Can Lead to Exploitation
- FAQ on Arizona Conservatorship
- Types and Symptoms of Elder Abuse
- Ten Ways to Prevent Elder Abuse
- Does the Government Receive my Property if I Die Without A Will?
- Successful Business Succession: A Key to Preserving and Passing on Wealth
- CDARS Accounts for Large Cash Deposit Accounts
- Golden Years can be Tarnished by Lack of Planning
- Shrewd Planning: A Review of Michael Jackson’s Estate
- Lessons From a Playboy Centerfold
- How to Create a Noble Soul for Your Family
- What Everyone Wants to Know About Property Inventory Forms
- How to Prevent Disinheritance of Your Own Children
- Five Things to Do Right Now to Protect Your Inheritance
- Introductions to a Trust Grantor’s Statement of Wishes
- So You Are Suddenly Wealthy. Now What?
- Charitable Giving Strategies
- Making Estate Planning a Family Affair
- A Will: Why You Should Have One