Informed Legal Guidance For Families Seeking Conservatorships
When a loved one can no longer manage finances or is being taken advantage of financially, you may seek to establish a conservatorship. At the Starr Law Firm, PLC, you can work closely with me to address all legal issues surrounding the appointment of conservators and ensure they fully understand the practical and fiduciary duties involved with the process. I strive to help families work through the hostility and strife sometimes associated with these proceedings, allowing their loved ones to get the financial support and supervision necessary.
Protection of the rights and freedoms of the elderly, vulnerable and minor children is a top priority in my law practice. My focus is on helping conservators fully understand what is required of them when they assume this important position of trust. I also represent family members who must take action because they know or believe a conservator has failed to perform his or her duties legally and in good faith.
Focused On Maximum Protection Of Each Client’s Interests
I assist conservators in seeking appointment initially, and then in fulfilling their legal responsibilities and avoiding common mistakes that could constitute a breach of fiduciary duty. I handle matters such as:
- Providing an accurate accounting of all finances and assets
- Protecting and responsibly using assets to benefit the person in need
- Filing actions against those abusing their position of trust, including an individual acting as an appointed conservator with power of attorney
- Making sure that any liquidated property receives fair market return
- Preserving assets
- Posting any necessary bonds with the court
- Making important financial decisions that affect the family
- Provide help with annual accounting needs and budgets required by the Arizona Superior courts
In all such situations, I pledge to work hard to find solutions in the best interests of everyone involved.
Get Help Obtaining A Conservatorship Or Pursuing Litigation
Please contact me, Brian S. Starr, to discuss the benefits of appointing a conservator for your family member. If the situation is an emergency, I can typically arrange for the court to appoint a conservator within days. I encourage you to contact me today to schedule a consultation. Call 602-795-0700 or send me an email.